Position Title: System Analyst/Business Analyst
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Duration: 6-12 Months
The Systems Analyst Sr. should have strong facilitation and communication expertise to work with cross-functional project teams to help the business achieve their objectives by evaluating and designing functional solutions to articulated business challenges and opportunities that are in compliance with architectural standards. The key roles the Systems Analyst Sr. will be working closely with include business analysts, business relationship managers and enterprise architects to fully understand the business needs. In addition, working with developers, tech leads, quality assurance team members, business system users and owners to determine solutions while taking into consideration performance, scalability, and availability with realistic estimates and implementation schedules.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Assist all business partners, business analysts, business relationship managers to analyze changes in requirements and provide solutions for enhancements to all applications.
- Use a combination of process modeling, data modeling, information engineering and sampling to ensure concise and comprehensive requirements.
- Define best fit implementation methodology based on best practices.
- Maintain working knowledge of current state software development tools and methods, software testing methodologies, and research emerging trends in application product development space.
- Mentoring System Analysts and others on the project team.
- Work with all stakeholders being impacted by business system and/or business process changes, where applicable, to ensure all changes are managed back into the business in a way that minimizes impact to the customer.
- In the spirit of continuous improvement, challenge the status quo and challenge others to rethink current processes, structures, policies, methodologies, and assumptions related to role of System Analyst.
Knowledge and Skills for this Role:
- Expertise writing functional, non-functional and data requirements for software projects or complete applications and programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of SDLC methodologies.
- Understanding of Deployment and Installation Software.
- Strong logical and reasoning abilities.
- Data mining, analysis and mapping.
- Demonstrated ability to promote and participate in business process automation opportunities.
- Able to identify and suggest potential integrations to enable business process automation.
- Capable of investigating and quickly understanding the capabilities of existing systems and technologies already in use across a business area.
- Insurance industry knowledge.